Subject: 24.4; artist-mode: ellipse filled incorrectly

From: Andrea Rossetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 01:42:30 +0100

Hello,

  with this recipe:

- start emacs -Q
- M-x artist-mode RET
- C-c C-a c      (ellipse drawing tool)
- C-c C-a C-f X  (use "X" as filling char)
- press mouse-1 somewhere in the center of the window, hold pressed
- drag mouse-1 lower-right (an empty ASCII ellipse will be drawn
  interactively)
- release mouse-1

the expected result is an ASCII ellipse filled with character X;
observer result is different and undesired:

1) a line of XXXXXXXXX appears at the ellipse diameter, but the rest of
   the ellipse remains empty
   
2) a half-ellipse of XXXXXXXX appears outside of the ellipse border, in
   the lower right corner of the window

Is it reproducible for you too? kindest regards,

  Andrea

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-21 on KAEL
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-xft --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast
 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
 -DDBUS_STATIC_BUILD' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static
 -s -Wl,-s''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ITA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

.....