Subject: Re: bug#19753: 25.0.50; html rendering

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 20:23:18 +0200

> Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 17:41:44 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
>   > > but it is clear that it really supports a lot more colors than that.
> 
>   > How is it clear?  Can you tell what led you to that conclusion?
> 
> The terminal supports gray90 and it is distinct from white.
> 
>   > Does `M-x list-colors-display' list more than 8 colours?
> 
> That only shows 8, but other colors are in fact distinguishable.

Could it be that what you describe as white is actually the same color
as gray90, but with the bold (a.k.a. "standout") attribute turned on?

In the list-colors-display, does the color named "white" look like
gray90, or is it more bright?  If it looks like gray90, how do you get
Emacs to display what you describe as "white which is distinct from
gray90"?