Subject: bug#19751: closed (Re: bug#19751: 25.0.50; scss-mode: interpolated variable filling)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:33:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19751: 25.0.50; scss-mode: interpolated variable filling

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19751: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19751
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19751: 25.0.50; scss-mode: interpolated variable filling
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:32:40 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but something along the
> following lines seems to fix it:

Thanks, looks good, installed,

        Stefan

PS: You're little by little getting to the point where we won't be able
to accept your patches without copyright paperwork.  In preparation for
that, I suggest you start the process right away.  If that's OK with
you, then please fill the form below and email it as instructed to the
FSF so they can send you the relevant paperwork.

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

Subject: 25.0.50; scss-mode: interpolated variable filling
From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 23:59:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following Sassy CSS block is filled weirdly by SCSS mode when
pressing `M-q' at the beginning of the block:

@media #{$medium} {
    background: #f0f0f0;
}

Is filled to:

@media #{
    $medium
} {
    background: #f0f0f0;
}

As a more complicated example, the following:

@mixin firefox-message($selector) {
    body.firefox #{$selector}:before {
        content: "Hi, Firefox users!";
    }
}

Is filled to:

@mixin firefox-message($selector) {
    body.firefox #{
        $selector
    }:before {
        content: "Hi, Firefox users!";
    }
}

There seems to be an error with how SCSS mode does filling when
interpolated variables are involved, misinterpreting it as an ordinary
block.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-02-02 on x240
Repository revision: c10828bd8520db83cc06a2ad5de6f8a1ad74b83c
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11602901
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-makeinfo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 75204 8420)
 (symbols 48 17974 0)
 (miscs 40 50 149)
 (strings 32 10960 3858)
 (string-bytes 1 296445)
 (vectors 16 9363)
 (vector-slots 8 386521 15780)
 (floats 8 70 103)
 (intervals 56 176 1)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 32725 968))