Subject: FAIL: t/fort4.sh on x86_64 darwin in automake 1.15

From: Jack Howarth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:13:43 -0500

The automake 1.15 release built on x86_64 darwin exhibits a new
regression in the test suite…

FAIL: t/fort4.sh

which appears in the fort4.log as…

tardir=fort4-1.0 && ${TAR-tar} chof - "$tardir" | GZIP=--best gzip -c
>fort4-1.0.tar.gz
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/sw/src/fink.build/automake1.15-1.15-1/automake-1.15/t/fort4.dir/fort4-1.0/_build/sub'
if test -d "fort4-1.0"; then find "fort4-1.0" -type d ! -perm -200
-exec chmod u+w {} ';' && rm -rf "fort4-1.0" || { sleep 5 && rm -rf
"fort4-1.0"; }; else :; fi
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/sw/src/fink.build/automake1.15-1.15-1/automake-1.15/t/fort4.dir/fort4-1.0/_build/sub'
make[1]: Entering directory
'/sw/src/fink.build/automake1.15-1.15-1/automake-1.15/t/fort4.dir/fort4-1.0/_build/sub'
test -z "hello goodbye" || rm -f hello goodbye
rm -f *.o
rm -f *.tab.c
test -z "" || rm -f
test . = "../.." || test -z "" || rm -f
rm -f TAGS ID GTAGS GRTAGS GSYMS GPATH tags
rm -f cscope.out cscope.in.out cscope.po.out cscope.files
rm -f config.status config.cache config.log configure.lineno
config.status.lineno
rm -f Makefile
ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
./goodbye.dSYM/Contents/Info.plist
./goodbye.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/goodbye
./hello.dSYM/Contents/Info.plist
./hello.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/hello
Makefile:649: recipe for target 'distcleancheck' failed
make[1]: *** [distcleancheck] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/sw/src/fink.build/automake1.15-1.15-1/automake-1.15/t/fort4.dir/fort4-1.0/_build/sub'
Makefile:576: recipe for target 'distcheck' failed
make: *** [distcheck] Error 1

The fort4.* files and directory from the t subdirectory in the build
are included as test_failure.tar.bz2.
         Jack