Subject: 25.0.50; Bad comment indentation by `C-M-q' in `emacs-lisp-mode'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:19:34 -0800 (PST)

This is a regression introduced after Emacs 20 (perhaps after 21).

Emacs should not indent the first `;;' comment line here by a space.
That does no good and interferes with alignment of a multi-line
comments and multiple separate comments that are on the same level.

(let* ( ;; If FOOBAR then blah the blahdy blah and other blahs if blah,
       ;; blah, or blah.  Unless, that is, blah, blah, or blah.
       (the-tatas (bar-bar-toto-babar foo1 foo2 foo3))
       ...)

In Emacs 20, this is the result - no extra space inserted.  The two
comment lines, which are logically at the same level, and in this case
are part of a single multi-line comment, are aligned vertically.

(let* (;; If FOOBAR then blah the blahdy blah and other blahs if blah,
       ;; blah, or blah.  Unless, that is, blah, blah, or blah.
       (the-tatas (bar-bar-toto-babar foo1 foo2 foo3))
       ...)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'