Subject: bug#19737: 24.4; Shift selection misses beginning of region

From: Ullrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:13:34 -0500

Hi,

shift selection does not work correctly if frame-title-format and
ibuffer-auto-mode are used:
The first letter (where the cursor starts) is not included in the region.

The error can be reproduced as follows:

Content of .emacs file:
(setq frame-title-format "%b")
(add-hook 'ibuffer-mode-hook (lambda () (ibuffer-auto-mode 1)))

1. start Emacs
2. M-x ibuffer
3. press enter (i.e. select *GNU Emacs*)
4. do shift selection by holding shift and pressing the right arrow key
several times

Result: The first letter ("E" in this case) is not included in the region.

Best,
Ullrich

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)

Recent input:
M-x i b u f f e r <return> <return> <S-right> <S-right>
<S-right> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Updating buffer list...
Formats have changed, recompiling...done
Updating buffer list...done
Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils ibuf-ext ibuffer time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 82358 6526)
 (symbols 32 18001 0)
 (miscs 32 89 141)
 (strings 16 12195 4059)
 (string-bytes 1 314778)
 (vectors 8 9492)
 (vector-slots 4 387648 6132)
 (floats 8 55 266)
 (intervals 28 397 45)
 (buffers 508 13))