Subject: bug#19736: closed (python.el: native completion breaks ipython magic completion)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 03:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19736: python.el: native completion breaks ipython magic completion

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19736: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19736
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: python.el: native completion breaks ipython magic completion
From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 00:57:18 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Revno ab9252a@master fixes this.

Cheers,
Fabián.

Subject: 24.4; python.el: native completion breaks ipython magic completion
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:29:41 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Fabian,

I think you should be using [1] as the ipython completer. In a sense,
when you inherit from rlcompleter.Completer and replace the current
completer you're somehow going against the goal of native completion,
aren't you? Wouldn't it be better to just monkey patch the completer
returned by readline.get_completer() with your _callable_postfix in case
the completer indeed defines a _callable_postfix (it seems ipython
completer don't do that)?

Cheers
--
Carlos

[1] http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/api/generated/IPython.core.completer.html