Subject: bug#19728: 25.0.50; (wrong-type-argument frame-live-p #<dead frame *scratch* 0b54c8d8>)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:46:35 -0800 (PST)

> Any idea how come redisplay got to call
> menu-bar-non-minibuffer-window-p?

I do have this in my setup - these are the only occurrences of
that function in my code:

;; Add for Emacs < 22.  Rename item otherwise.
(define-key menu-bar-file-menu [new-file]
  '(menu-item "New File..." find-file
    :enable (or (not (fboundp 'menu-bar-non-minibuffer-window-p))
             (menu-bar-non-minibuffer-window-p))
    :help "Create and edit a new file"))

(define-key-after menu-bar-file-menu [new-directory]
  '(menu-item "New Directory..." menu-bar-create-directory
    :enable (or (not (fboundp 'menu-bar-non-minibuffer-window-p))
             (menu-bar-non-minibuffer-window-p))
    :help "Create a directory")
  'new-file)

I realize that :enable will cause that code to be run during
redisplay.  Probably this is the culprit code, but I have never
see that error before (and this code has been there a long time).

So maybe it's just a one-off thing.