Subject: bug#19727: 25.0.50; setting a todo item to done puts point at the end of the buffer

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 13:48:37 +0100

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:10:47 +0100 Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> when I set an item to done in a todo-mode buffer, point ends up at the
>> end of the buffer, which is somewhat surprising. Attached patch
>> remembers where point was, and restores it.
>
> As the todo-mode.el maintainer, sorry for not responding sooner.

I can carry local patches forever :-)

> I
> guess it's reasonable to leave point where the previously not-done item
> was when the done items section is hidden.  I take it you have no
> objection to the current behavior of point moving to the item just set
> to done when the done items section is visible, since your patch doesn't
> alter that.

I never set the done items to visible, so can't offer an opinion there.

> If so, then I'll install your patch as is (but with a more
> appropriate commit message and ChangeLog entry).  Before I do that, have
> you submitted a copyright assignment for Emacs?  If not, I'll install it
> as a tiny change.  Thanks for the patch.

I don't have a copyright assignment on file.  I have no objection to
doing so if necessary, but for such a small change I suspect it would be
more effort than it's worth.

Regards

Robert