Subject: Re: bug#19724: 11.88; preview with pdftex not working

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:34:51 +0100

close 19724
tags 19724 notabug
thanks

Hi,

2015-01-29 21:39 GMT+01:00  <[email-masked]>:
> David, removing %(file-line-error) from LaTeX-command-style solved the
> problem: preview is working fine now. Thank you!
>
> Also, in case it's useful: I temporarily reinstalled the previous version of
> AucTeX (11.88 – now it's 11.88.2), and preview was working fine there – and
> in that version the default LaTeX-command-style did NOT have the
> %(file-line-error) part.

You can set `TeX-file-line-error' to nil if you don't want the
file:line:error style, instead of customizing `LaTeX-command-style' or
downgrading AUCTeX.

Unfortunately, MiKTeX' compilers are less detailed when
file:line:error style is requested, I cannot see any
good reason for this behavior.  On the other side, with TeX Live you
have same verbosity + file:line:error style.

I'm going to close this bug report.

Bye,
Mosè