Subject: Re: bug#19721: 25.0.50; Mode-line not redrawn with expose events

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:40:40 +0900

>>>>> On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:44:38 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

>> With this patch, the mode-lines are redrawn when they are exposed.
>> But I also observe that a mode-line part is not updated with the
>> last C-x o (see the 3rd mode-line in the screenshot) with the
>> previously mentioned procedure on the Mac port.  Strangely, if I
>> try C-x o three times further, then the second mode-line part is
>> also not updated.

> Right.  Which means it is not enough to avoid disabling the mode
> line, we must actually force its redrawing afterwards.

> How about the following patch instead of the previous one?

Now mode-lines get updated with C-x o again, but the original issue
still remains and I could reproduce it with the original procedure on
Cent OS 5.11.

If I apply both changes, mode-lines are redrawn when exposed, but some
of them are not updated with C-x o.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]