Subject: RE: Configuration mingw-w64

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:33:21 +0000

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay. I'm triaging old sed bugs.

> i found a bug when configuring and compiling sed on windows 8.1 with 
> mingw-w64 on msys.

Thanks for the report.

sed-4.4 was released just this month,
and it compliles fine with cygwin, and mingw-64/mingw-32
( http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2017-02/msg00001.html ).

The build command used is:

    ./configure --disable-nls --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

With the following compiler:

====
$ x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/5.4.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32
Configured with: 
/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-5.4.0-2.x86_64/src/gcc-5.4.0/configure 
--srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/cygwin64/mingw64-x86_64/mingw64-x86_64-gcc-5.4.0-2.x86_64/src/gcc-5.4.0 
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc 
--docdir=/usr/share/doc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc 
--htmldir=/usr/share/doc/mingw64-x86_64-gcc/html -C 
--build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin 
--target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --without-libiconv-prefix 
--without-libintl-prefix --with-sysroot=/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root 
--with-build-sysroot=/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root --disable-multilib 
--disable-win32-registry 
--enable-languages=c,ada,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ 
--enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-graphite --enable-libgomp 
--enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support --enable-libssp 
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-libgomp --enable-libada 
--with-dwarf2 --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as --with-tune=generic 
--with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl --with-system-zlib 
--libexecdir=/usr/lib
Thread model: win32
gcc version 5.4.0 (GCC) 

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.2 WIN-ABCDEFGH 2.6.0(0.304/5/3) 2016-08-31 14:32 x86_64 Cygwin
====

Can you confirm the new sed versions works ?

thanks,
 - assaf