Subject: Re: bug#19709: [PATCH] Verify that indentation works with current cperl-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 15:28:08 +0100

[email-masked] (Harald Jörg) writes:

> The patch adds a test to verify correct behavior, and also adds the
> relevant variable cperl-close-paren-offset (which is explicitly set in
> the bug report) to the scope of the cperl-set-style setting "PBP".  This
> variable is documented in the book, but wasn't included yet.

Thanks; applied to Emacs 28.  One note:

> +            (while (null (eobp))
> +              (cperl-indent-command)
> +              (next-line))

Is this on purpose to test `next-line'?   If it is, this warning should
probably be inhibited:

lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode-tests.el:284:16: Warning: ‘next-line’ is for
    interactive use only; use ‘forward-line’ instead.

If not, forward-line should be used.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no