Subject: Re: bug#19691:

From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 19:56:29 -0300

Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here is a patch updated against current master.
>
> I know you have closed this issue, but please reconsider it in the
> light of my new proposal: it's very simple and PEP 8 friendly.
>
> The implementation just set a :no-indent context after two or more
> consecutive blank lines. That's it.
>
> PEP 8 states: Separate top-level function and class definitions with
> two blank lines.
>
> This is not mandatory, of course, but it's often the real intention of
> the coder and, in any case, it promotes honoring basic conventions.

Hi Carlos,

I do like this idea.  I'd accept your patch right away but I'd like to
differentiate the case with a special keyword (e.g. :after-blank-lines).
Also I want some tests.

BTW, I'm quite happy you are getting into the internals and started
submitting patches.  If you plan to work on python.el (or any other part
of Emacs) you'll need to sign the copyright assignment (if you haven't)
for non trivial changes.  I would recommend you to start the process to
do so, not because this patch is not trivial enough, but because you
have few other patches in the queue that may be useful.

PS: I haven't forgot about your other reports but I'm not finding time
to work on python.el yet, but know they are under my radar.

Regards,
Fabián.