Subject: bug#19689: 24.4: eww.el bindings shadowed by shr.el

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:33:36 -0500

From a buffer *eww*, type C-h m, and see in the list of bindings that
u,v, and w are being shadowed by another mode.

C-h k u  --> u is bound to shr-copy-url
c-h k v  --> v is bound to shr-browse-url
c-h k w  --> w is bound to shr-copy-url

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=no --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  desktop-save-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll
help.

Mark set
End of buffer
 [2 times]
mouse-2, RET: find function's definition
uncompressing shr.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-favicon hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-symbol hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/bookmark-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/mime-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/mime-w3m
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-filter hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-filter
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-ccl hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-namazu hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-ems hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ems
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/octet hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/octet
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-bookmark hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-perldoc hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-dtree hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-session hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-session
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-mail hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-mail
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-search hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-search
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3mhack hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3mhack
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-proc hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-proc
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-tabmenu hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-rss hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-rss
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/mew-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/mew-w3m
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-image hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-image
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-hist hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-hist
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-lnum hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-form hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-form
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-cookie hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-weather hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-weather
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-bug hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bug
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-fb hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-fb
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-antenna hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/w3m-20140107.1708/w3m-util hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-util
/home/boruch/.emacs.d/elpa/csv-mode-1.2/csv-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/csv-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/cdargs hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert-x hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/slime/lib/ert-x
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/slime/lib/cl-lib
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/slime/lib/ert

Features:
(iso-transl mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail derived ffap calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine debug cus-edit cus-start cus-load view parse-time shr-color
color network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw ange-ftp tramp-ftp tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver url-file url-dired url-cache url-auth eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap shr sgml-mode
skeleton sh-script smie apropos etags linum repeat tabify two-column ses
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv unsafep grep conf-mode misearch
multi-isearch browse-kill-ring rect w3m-form w3m-filter mule-util
w3m-cookie w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m timezone w3m-hist
w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus gnus-util org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ibuf-ext ibuffer xterm server
highlight-current-line vc-git bookmark pp saveplace desktop frameset
savehist dired-details+ dired-details help-mode dired+ image-dired
image-file image dired-x dired-aux dired winner pcase csv-mode-autoloads
dictionary-autoloads connection-autoloads dired+-autoloads
dired-details+-autoloads dired-details-autoloads dired-ranger-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dired-single-autoloads
dired-sort-menu+-autoloads dired-sort-menu-autoloads dirtree-autoloads
hide-lines-autoloads igrep-autoloads link-autoloads nav-autoloads
pager-autoloads pager-default-keybindings-autoloads revive+-autoloads
revive-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads w3-autoloads info w3m-autoloads
web-autoloads dash-autoloads windata-autoloads workgroups2-autoloads
package epg-config ibuf-macs paren hi-lock cl-macs woman man edmacro
kmacro cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib elec-pair delsel debian-el
debian-el-loaddefs w3m-load slime-autoloads 50magit ido ess-toolbar
ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile tool-bar
ess-tracebug format-spec ess-roxy hideshow ess-help ess-developer
ess-r-args eldoc ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint ansi-color ring ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils time-date ess-custom regexp-opt executable
easymenu ess-compat ess-site emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode dpkg-dev-el dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs
devhelp develock advice help-fns tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 994174 47132)
 (symbols 48 50183 0)
 (miscs 40 4420 5896)
 (strings 32 212521 6556)
 (string-bytes 1 9196502)
 (vectors 16 58481)
 (vector-slots 8 1789530 59139)
 (floats 8 530 1725)
 (intervals 56 119358 1382)
 (buffers 960 145)
 (heap 1024 72329 18132))

-- 
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0