Subject: Re: bug#19688: [patch] add support for emacs daemon on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:26:24 +0200

> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 04:30:29 +0900
> From: Mark Laws <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Can you provide some simple test I could run after applying, to make
> > sure everything works as intended?
> 
> $ emacsclient -ca ""
> 
> Should launch Emacs if it's not already running, and connect to an
> existing Emacs process if it is. Try doing it a few times in a row to
> make sure both cases work and that the double-free issue doesn't
> happen (I have no reason to believe it would, but just in case).

Thanks.

I pushed the changes, with slight variations to make them less
pervasive where possible, as commit 805fe50 on the master branch.  I
then followed that up with the few necessary changes in the
documentation and in NEWS, as should happen with every user-visible
change.

Thanks again for working on this, and sorry for delays in landing this
on master.

I'm closing the bug.