Subject: bug#19688: [patch] add support for emacs daemon on Windows

From: Mark Laws <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 01:57:58 +0900

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Back to the event-based method: is using a named event with a fixed
> name workable?  That is, is a situation imaginable where we would need
> more than one event at the same time on the same system?

Even with multiple users logged in (the RDP/Terminal Services case),
using the same event name won't cause a problem.

> If a single event is enough, I think a named event with a name
> specific to Emacs (but not a GUID) is a better alternative.
> Otherwise, we will have to pass the handle via the command line; using
> the environment is not an idea I like, because it means complications:
> possible conflict with other variables, possible overflow of the 32K
> limit on environment variables, possible conflicts in nested
> invocations, etc.

A single event will be fine, so I would suggest going with the named
event for the reasons you just gave. The code is much simpler that way
too.

-- 
|v\ /\ |\ |< |_ /\ \^| //