Subject: RE: bug#19682: 25.0.50; `other-window' doc string should say that by default it selects win in same frame

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:05:00 -0800 (PST)

> > But the first thing that needs to be said, very clearly, and
> > preferably without any reference to arguments or other doc
> > strings, is what the default behavior is.
> 
> It already does.  It just doesn't divulge _all_ the details about the
> selection of the "other" window.

No, it does not say what the default behavior is.  It does not
tell you that, by default, it switches to another window in
the same frame.

That's all that is missing.  If you don't want to say that,
so be it.

I am not asking for a description of "_all_ the details about the
selection of the "other" window."

I am asking that you say what the other window is by default.
Just the information that it is in the same frame is sufficient
here.  Beyond that, referring to `next-window' for details
(including, e.g., which window in the same frame) is fine.