Subject: bug#20007: closed (Re: bug#19680: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19680: 24.4; --no-bitmap-icon option fails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19680: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19680
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19680: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:03:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.5

Applied to emacs-24 in the absence of any comments on the patch.

Glenn Morris wrote:

> --- a/src/frame.h
> +++ b/src/frame.h
> @@ -1349,7 +1349,7 @@ x_set_bitmap_icon (struct frame *f)
>  {
>    Lisp_Object obj = assq_no_quit (Qicon_type, f->param_alist);
>  
> -  if (CONSP (obj))
> +  if (CONSP (obj) && !NILP (XCDR (obj)))
>      x_bitmap_icon (f, XCDR (obj));
>  }

Subject: 24.4; --no-bitmap-icon option fails
From: Jos de Kloe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 16:07:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

the -no-bitmap-icon option of emacs seems not to work anymore. I use a
desktop environment that shows iconified apps on the desktop window (I
use fvwm). Then I enter the command:
emacs --no-bitmap-icon very_long_name.txt --title very_long_name.txt
and I iconify the emacs window by using ctl-z.
For emacs 24.4 the iconified emacs shows a bitmap icon with a clipped
filename under it. For emacs 24.3 it displays an unclipped filename and no
icon when the --no-bitmap-icon option is used. This is especially useful
in case many files are open at the same time. In v24.4 I have to hover
the mouse over the iconified emacses to find out what their filename
is. In previous versions the full filename was displayed, which makes it
much easier to find the correct file.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2014-11-19 on buildvm-03.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:	Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)

Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/cmake-init.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/desktop-entry-mode-init.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/rpmdev-init.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/systemtap-init.el (source)...done
* --[ Loading my personal Emacs init file ]--
* --[ Disabling auto-complete-mode ]--
Folding buffer... done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib folding-isearch
folding advice help-fns easymenu time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77219 6178)
 (symbols 48 18527 0)
 (miscs 40 39 125)
 (strings 32 11722 4956)
 (string-bytes 1 336724)
 (vectors 16 9898)
 (vector-slots 8 390706 11761)
 (floats 8 64 156)
 (intervals 56 224 0)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 34586 967))

--