Subject: bug#19680: closed (Re: bug#19680: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19680: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19680: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19680
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19680: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:03:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.5

Applied to emacs-24 in the absence of any comments on the patch.

Glenn Morris wrote:

> --- a/src/frame.h
> +++ b/src/frame.h
> @@ -1349,7 +1349,7 @@ x_set_bitmap_icon (struct frame *f)
>  {
>    Lisp_Object obj = assq_no_quit (Qicon_type, f->param_alist);
>  
> -  if (CONSP (obj))
> +  if (CONSP (obj) && !NILP (XCDR (obj)))
>      x_bitmap_icon (f, XCDR (obj));
>  }

Subject: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working
From: Preston Crow <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:48:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The command-line option "--no-bitmap-icon" used to turn off the bitmap
icon, but after upgrading to the latest version, this option appears to
be ignored.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.6)
  of 2015-01-24 on duck
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:    Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
  --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
  --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-gameuser=games --without-compress-install
  --with-file-notification=inotify --disable-acl --without-dbus
  --without-gnutls --without-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
  --without-kerberos5 --without-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int
  --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
  --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
  --with-jpeg --with-png --without-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
  --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
  --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.4-r2
  build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  'CFLAGS=-pipe -march=native -fno-stack-protector -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
  -Wl,--as-needed' CPPFLAGS='

Important settings:
   locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib hideshow easymenu paren tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice help-fns imenu
site-gentoo time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process inotify
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91150 4085)
  (symbols 48 20329 0)
  (miscs 40 45 82)
  (strings 32 17795 5331)
  (string-bytes 1 534477)
  (vectors 16 12497)
  (vector-slots 8 416763 3081)
  (floats 8 74 91)
  (intervals 56 312 225)
  (buffers 960 11)
  (heap 1024 41080 921))