Subject: bug#19637: closed (25.0.50; ipython eldoc keep visible while typing parameters)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 21:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19637: 25.0.50; ipython eldoc keep visible while typing parameters

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19637: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19637
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 25.0.50; ipython eldoc keep visible while typing parameters
From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 18:45:55 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed at revno 2155973 in the master branch.

I tweaked your patch a bit to handle other cases and added tests.  I
realized I forgot to mention this was based on your patch after pushing
so I adjusted the ChangeLog entry at b480a6a.

Thanks again,
Fabián.

Subject: 25.0.50; ipython eldoc keep visible while typing parameters
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:09:10 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Please keep eldoc line in the buffer area visible while entering the
parameters of a funcion. The signature information is mainly useful
for that. Hiding it immediately after typing the opening parenthesis
kinda defeats the whole point. Cheers, Carlos.

PD: Fabian, if you're interested in this feature I could try to
implement it myself and send a patch.