Subject: bug#19626: 25.0.50; eshell: extended directory syntax ("...") does not complete

From: Samer Masterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 03:19:46 -0800

1. "emacs -Q"
2. M-x eshell
3. "cd .../"
4. Press tab
Bug: "No completions found" is echoed, even though completions exist.
Exptected: Eshell should have attempted to complete a directory name.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2014-11-18 on samer-dark-horse
Repository revision: b59998eb5b9c4e6e142b530604539c54028acb8d
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/samer/local'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Apropos

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
No completions of .../sou
Quit [3 times]
Mark saved where search started

Quit [2 times]
Mark saved where search started

Mark saved where search started [2 times]

Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/samer/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20141104.1238/tq hides /home/samer/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug apropos ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff company-go sh-script smie
executable make-mode rect eieio-opt conf-mode align js json cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs tabify man go-stacktracer magit-blame cal-move parse-time
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs deft wid-edit find-dired
debug windmove pp tramp-cache pcmpl-unix em-unix em-term term disp-table
ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
cap-words superword subword misc hippie-exp ace-jump-mode company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company imenu dired-aux magit-key-mode magit view tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete autorevert filenotify
git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log epa-file
gnutls network-stream starttls tls mailalias mail-extr sort misearch
multi-isearch mule-util server vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode remember
flycheck help-mode rx subr-x pcase edmacro kmacro mu4e mu4e-speedbar
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view epa derived epg
browse-url mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368
smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view jka-compr image-mode mu4e-lists mu4e-about mu4e-vars message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader hl-line mu4e-meta ctags paren flx-ido flx saveplace smex
go-eldoc go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file ffap
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars etags guide-key face-remap popwin projectile advice ibuf-ext
ibuffer pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep thingatpt help-fns cl-macs
cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib ag vc-svn compile comint ansi-color ring ido s
ucs-normalize dash dired go-mode-autoloads info easymenu package
epg-config tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1192127 163442)
 (symbols 48 47172 21)
 (miscs 40 5332 3731)
 (strings 32 144171 31134)
 (string-bytes 1 4576347)
 (vectors 16 104892)
 (vector-slots 8 2394117 39473)
 (floats 8 12733 3169)
 (intervals 56 97212 433)
 (buffers 976 239)
 (heap 1024 173448 62749))