Subject: coreutils tests on illumos

From: Alexander Pyhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 21:05:29 +0300

Hello.
I was looking at coreutils test suite on illumos.
There are currently about 5 failing tests.

First are 2 df tests. They assume that struct mntent *getmntent (FILE 
*fp) is used by df. But it's not true on SystemV. Instead, int getmntent 
(FILE *fp, struct mnttab *mp) is used. Patches to correct tests on 
illumos is here:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/coreutils/patches/tests_df_no-mtab-status.sh.patch
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/coreutils/patches/tests_df_skip-duplicates.sh.patch

3 remaining failing tests are from glib-tests directory.

First one is test-locale.c. It assumes that LC_GLOBAL_LOCALE is a 
constant. On illumos it's a function, so compilation fails. Fix is here: 
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/coreutils/patches/gnulib-tests_test-locale.c.patch

Second is test-getlogin. It seems to be a bit strange: it compares $USER 
and getlogin(). Under "su" they don't match, so it can occasionally fail.

Third (test-getlogin) is a bit tricky. It uses 
gl_locale_name_thread_unsafe, which simply doesn't know about 
illumos/Solaris and returns NULL, so the test fails. I don't have a fix 
for this one.

-- 
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,
system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department