Subject: Re: issue with Emacs 24.4.1 but not with 24.3.1 : changed on disk; really edit the buffer

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:55:11 -0800

On 01/22/2015 06:16 AM, Bertrand Brelier wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> I followed the steps but as soon as I try to edit the file when using 
> gdb, the emacs windows freezes and I cannot do anything (I tried to 
> open a local file, not on the network, with no encryption).
>

That's interesting, as it worked for me.  We should try to see what differs.

Perhaps it's something involved with your startup.  Can you try running 
Emacs with the -Q option instead?  That is, instead of this:

(gdb) r

do this:

(gdb) r -Q

Sorry if this all seems slow and painstaking, but that's life with 
remote debugging.

For what it's worth, I tried to reproduce the problem with encfs on my 
machine (Fedora 21 x86-64) with a local directory, and could not 
reproduce it.