Subject: Re: bug#1958: 23.0.60; org-mode does not honour shift-select-mode

From: Carsten Dominik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:30:18 +0100

On Jan 21, 2009, at 1:03 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I therefore think it is the right decision to have a variable for
>> setting this and my personal preference would be to let me have my
>> current default setting in Org-mode which allows me to use these
>> valuable keys.
>
> I agree with all this.  But still: maybe S-cursor keys could perform
> selection outside of special contexts, instead of sending an error.
>
> In other words, S-cursor would have a special behavior in special
> contexts, but the normal (=Emacs) one in a normal context...

I think this would be too confusing, in fact.  Just imagine starting
outside a time stamp, and then moving with S-cursor into the time stamp.
outlise the region would bet larger, but upon reaching the time stamp,
the time stamp will change instead....

Or starting somewhere and enlarging the region across a headline....

- Carsten