Subject: bug#19579: Long lines, short awk

From: "Daniel Richard G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 01:14:54 -0500

Hello Mike,

On Mon, 2022 Feb  7 23:03-05:00, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>
> can you provide an example that reproduces the issue ?  or link to the
> package you're working on (assuming it's OSS) ?  i checked my own
> projects and it didn't create a single line, it generated a bunch of
> independent rm commands.  i looked through the automake source and
> couldn't quickly identify something that would explain the behavior
> you're seeing.

I am currently using Automake 1.16.3, which no longer exhibits the
issue originally described. As far as I can tell, this was fixed as a
side effect of Git commit 08849db8, made just ten days before my
initial report.

--Daniel

-- 
Daniel Richard G. || [email-masked]
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.