Subject: bug#19577: closed (Invalid bug)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19577: Building 2.0.11, or running pre-built "guile --version", hangs

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19577: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19577
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Invalid bug
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:52:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sorry for the noise!

Subject: Building 2.0.11, or running pre-built "guile --version", hangs
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guile <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 01:29:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On one machine, but not on another of mine (though they're similar amd64
machines with Intel i5 CPUs running Ubuntu 14.04), running guile --version
hangs (either from the Ubuntu 2.0.9 or 2.0.11 packages). I tried building
2.0.11 from source, and got the same result: it hangs:

/home/rrt/.local/var/repo/guile/libguile/.libs/lt-guile -e (@@ (guild)
main) -s /home/rrt/.local/var/repo/guile/meta/guild
snarf-check-and-output-texi

(Currently 8:28 CPU time taken.)

I am guessing this is the first time it starts up guile during the build.

Meanwhile, on my other, slightly less powerful machine, it is churning
slowly through the compilation of the various guile files.

Very happy to provide strace output, logs, whatever is most useful, just
let me know.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org