Subject: Re: bug#19575: 25.0.50; Wrong frame dimensions

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:24:49 +0100

> Here is 100% reproducible test case: run
 >
 > emacs -q -mm -l test.el
 >
 > with the attached test.el, and notice that the mouse pointer
 > is banished to the middle of the frame.

Noticed.  Good catch.

 > Afterwards manually executing `M-x toggle-frame-maximized RET' twice
 > fixes the frame dimensions.
 >
 > This happens in GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 > Repository revision: 52afe0cfa248053c96e26bc67bdc427945358655
 > Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
 > System Description:	Linux Mint 17 Qiana
 >
 > ================================================================
 > `window--dump-frame' outputs:
 >
 > frame pixel: 1366 x 718   cols/lines: 170 x 42   units: 6 x 10
 > frame text pixel: 1350 x 718   cols/lines: 168 x 42

Obviously these values can't be right: 170 * 6 gives 1020, more than 300
pixels off from 1366.  What happened is that you requested a change of
the font size for a maximized frame.  In this case I no more allow
changing the size of the frame (since otherwise you'd have lost the
maximized state).  Now the pixel sizes of the frame remained unaltered
and I decided to quit adjust_frame_size early _without_ recording the
new numbers of lines and columns of the frame.  Damn me ...

Hopefully fixed in revision b53b1ca..233dcf1 on trunk/master.  Please
check.

Many thanks for the recipe, martin