Subject: Re: bug#19564: 24.4; eieio backward compatibility

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:05:55 -0500

>>> The confusion comes that slot-value as documented should use the quoted
>>> slot (i.e 'slot) and oref should use the keyword slot (i.e :slot).
>> 
>> I don't think so:
>> 
>> (defmacro oref (obj slot)
>> `(eieio-oref ,obj (quote ,slot)))
>> (defalias 'slot-value 'eieio-oref)
>> 
>> They both accept the slot name (except that one needs it quoted and the
>> other doesn't) and the initarg name (as an alternative name for the
>> slot).

> Yes right, I have ckecked too, thanks.

To get back to the original issue: is the conclusion that you indeed
just don't need to the functionality of class-slot-initarg, or would
that functionality be handy but you managed to work around it?

        Stefan