Subject: Re: bug#19547: Patch for this bug

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 20:03:10 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> My advice is to look at how a function is used elsewhere in the
> sources, before using it in your code.  In this case, you will find
> stuff like this:
>
> 	      arg = Flist (nargs - i, &arg_vector[i]);
>
> IOW, the first argument to Flist is the number of arguments, and the
> second argument is an array of that dimension.

Ok, I understand now why there is also a warning about 2 args or
something like this, great, thanks for explanations.

> Why not?  You will see quite a few examples of such stuff there.

Ok no problem, 2 last questions:

- What about like suggested by Noam to put this just above the
  definition of while-no-input in subr.el ?

- IIRC you didn't want to add by default selection-request aka
  SELECTION_REQUEST_EVENT, is this always true ?

>> keyboard.c: In function ‘kbd_buffer_store_buffered_event’:
>> keyboard.c:3572:3: warning: enumeration value ‘NO_EVENT’ not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
>>    switch (event->kind)
>>    ^
>> keyboard.c:3572:3: warning: enumeration value ‘ASCII_KEYSTROKE_EVENT’ not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
>> keyboard.c:3572:3: warning: enumeration value ‘MULTIBYTE_CHAR_KEYSTROKE_EVENT’ not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
>
> That's because you don't have a "case default".  You should, as I
> explained earlier.

Ok so this should be fixed now.

Thanks.

-- 
Thierry