Subject: bug#19545: 24.4.51; VC doesn't support SMerge mode with Git back-end

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:46:32 +0200

When there's a merge conflict in a Bazaar repository, visiting a file
with conflict markers turns on SMerge mode automatically, and saving
the file after resolving the conflict automatically runs the bzr
command necessary to tell bzr the conflicts were resolved.

This doesn't happen in a Git repository.  I see that the necessary
code was added to master, so I guess I'm asking to backport that to
the release branch.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.51.61 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-01-09 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 70f298f88e84a5bfce26e3ff758157057a7948f3
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -g3''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 74330 7931)
 (symbols 32 17527 0)
 (miscs 32 33 128)
 (strings 16 10811 3931)
 (string-bytes 1 269176)
 (vectors 8 9548)
 (vector-slots 4 384727 1936)
 (floats 8 57 308)
 (intervals 28 235 28)
 (buffers 508 11))