Subject: bug#19514: 25.0.50; byte-compile-file too tight-lipped

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:10:33 +0900

Hi,

The byte compiler is now too quiet if it runs in the batch mode.
For instance, this is what I got when compiling Ma Gnus:

[...]
lispdir="/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/site-lisp/gnus" srcdir=. emacs-25.0.50 -batch -q -no-site-file -l /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/no-site-lisp.el -l ./dgnushack.el -f dgnushack-compile
No MH variant found on the system
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
[...]

I cannot see what Lisp modules are blamed.  This seems to be due
to the recent change <cd2d58c1c81d608d6e1aefe1eb8a3d1f1cd60540>.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2015-01-05 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11501000
Configured using:
 `configure --verbose --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'