Subject: bug#19514: closed (Re: 25.0.50; byte-compile-file too tight-lipped)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 00:03:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19514: 25.0.50; byte-compile-file too tight-lipped

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19514: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19514
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 25.0.50; byte-compile-file too tight-lipped
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:02:07 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've installed your `dgnushack-compile-file' for only GNU Emacs
after all.  Thanks.

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.cvs/12738>

Subject: 25.0.50; byte-compile-file too tight-lipped
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:10:33 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The byte compiler is now too quiet if it runs in the batch mode.
For instance, this is what I got when compiling Ma Gnus:

[...]
lispdir="/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/site-lisp/gnus" srcdir=. emacs-25.0.50 -batch -q -no-site-file -l /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/no-site-lisp.el -l ./dgnushack.el -f dgnushack-compile
No MH variant found on the system
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
Warning: Using brain-dead macro `mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer'!
[...]

I cannot see what Lisp modules are blamed.  This seems to be due
to the recent change <cd2d58c1c81d608d6e1aefe1eb8a3d1f1cd60540>.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2015-01-05 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11501000
Configured using:
 `configure --verbose --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'