Subject: bug#19513: shift-select-mode fails to be fully buffer-local

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:06:02 -0500

> I'm the only user of vimizer. I haven't sent it to a package repository yet,
> because I only recently had time to disentangle it from the rest of my
> custom code and make a standalone package, and I need to dogfood it
> for a while to make sure I didn't introduce any new bugs. When I do send it,
> other people won't want to have to globally disable shift-select.

It definitely shouldn't globally disable shift-select-mode.  But the
behavior you seem not to like doesn't look like a bug to me (the
bug#19513 is indeed a bug, OTOH), and I don't see any obvious reason why
it should look like a bug to other users.

>> If not, maybe the right answer is to tell them they should disable
>> shift-select-mode.
> Right now, line-select does say it's incompatible with shift-select, and
> refuses to turn on unless shift-select is disabled. But
> that's a poor workaround.

I don't think it's incompatible.  Maybe you don't like the interaction,
but I think it's just because you don't like shift-select-mode's current
behavior.

        Stefan