Subject: bug#19511: 25.0.50; Failed assertions in redisplay() code. (dispnew.c:1405; xdisp.c:17524)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:36:48 +0200

> From: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 19:10:59 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > I have now disabled that optimization for packages which commit such
> > atrocities, so Polymode is now merely a performance killer, not a
> > crasher.
> 
> The decrease in performance is noticeable

There really is nothing else I can do under these circumstances.  I
initially tried not to reject so many optimizations, but that left
strange artifacts on the screen, so I was forced to do it more
thoroughly.

Hopefully, the underlying problem will be solved in Polymode, and
performance will be back where it was before.