Subject: 11.88; [siunitx] unit appears without backslash

From: Uwe Siart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 12:22:13 +0100

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.

Be sure to consult the FAQ section in the manual before submitting
a bug report.  In addition check if the bug is reproducable with an
up-to-date version of AUCTeX.  So please upgrade to the version
available from http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/ if your
installation is older than the one available from the web site.

If the bug is triggered by a specific (La)TeX file, you should try
to produce a minimal sample file showing the problem and include it
in your report.

Your bug report will be posted to the AUCTeX bug reporting list.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to enter an siunitx \SI macro I get the unit without
backslash even if I enter it correctly with a backslash. For instance if
I do

C-c RET SI RET RET 5 RET RET \kHz RET

I get "\SI{5}{kHz}" but I expect "\SI{5}{\kHz}". This happens to every
valid unit macro. It is always the first backslash that gets lost.
Entering "\meter\per\second" results in "meter\per\second".

Regards
Uwe

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Package: 11.88

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2014-10-29"
 window-system 'w32
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("c:/programme/emacs/var/auctex"
                  "c:/Programme/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style"
                  "c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/siart/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
                  "c:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/siart/.emacs.d/auctex/style"
                  "auto" "style")
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX"
                     "%(PDF)amstex %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt"
                     "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                     "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                     "Run Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
                     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil t
                     :help "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Run an arbitrary command")
                    )
 )