Subject: Re: bug#19504: 11.88; [siunitx] unit appears without backslash

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 12:41:50 +0100

tag 19504 confirmed
thanks

Hi Uwe,

2015-01-04 12:22 GMT+01:00 Uwe Siart <[email-masked]>:
> When I try to enter an siunitx \SI macro I get the unit without
> backslash even if I enter it correctly with a backslash. For instance if
> I do
>
> C-c RET SI RET RET 5 RET RET \kHz RET
>
> I get "\SI{5}{kHz}" but I expect "\SI{5}{\kHz}". This happens to every
> valid unit macro. It is always the first backslash that gets lost.
> Entering "\meter\per\second" results in "meter\per\second".

Thanks for the report, I can confirm this bug, but it has been
introduced by a recent version of Emacs, I just tested with Emacs
23.3.1 and it works as expected.  I cannot remember which version of
Emacs I used when I developed the siunitx style file, probably 24.2 or
24.3.  I'll try to find the culprit.

Bye,
Mosè