Subject: bug#19482: Changing to big font cause display problem

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:52:32 +0100

>> IIUC FRAME_OUTER_TO_INNER_DIFF_Y is the height of title bar, tool bar
 >
 > Only for external toolbar.

... and external menubar, yes.  BTW, when do we get the menu bar in the
title bar?  One line less to count ...

 > The define has just not been updated with something like FRAME_TOOLBAR_WIDTH:
 >
 > #define FRAME_OUTER_TO_INNER_DIFF_X(f) \
 >       ((f)->output_data.x->x_pixels_outer_diff)
 > #define FRAME_OUTER_TO_INNER_DIFF_Y(f)          \
 >       ((f)->output_data.x->y_pixels_outer_diff   \
 >        + FRAME_MENUBAR_HEIGHT (f) + FRAME_TOOLBAR_HEIGHT (f))

Sure.  But I probably can't change it without changing its clients as
well.

 >>    And at
 >> least here a maximized frame shows decorations only on two orthogonal
 >> sides so the above is certainly not always correct.  Do you have any
 >> better ideas?
 >
 > You can always compute them on the fly with something similar to what x_real_positions does and take into account the lower right corner as well as the upper left corner.

I don't get the borders reported separately so I always distribute the
space occupied by the one visible border among it and the non-existent
border.  Not a great deal obviously, but I'm sure that mouse position
calculations are off by a few pixels in that case.

 > A bit offtopic for this bug anyway.

True.

martin