Subject: bug#19479: Package manager vulnerable

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 09:39:22 -0500

> of PD code is, I abided (and still abide) by your wishes. I submitted this
> patch because Stefan invited me to. Maybe Stefan just forgot that you asked
> me not to submit any more patches,

Indeed, that's the case.  You're one of the very rare oddballs who can't
be bothered to sign a trivial document to get this out of the way, but
for the life of me, I can't remember the names of the handful of
oddballs, so I keep repeating this error.

> but I assumed he invited this patch because a security vulnerability
> counted as a ‟particular circumstance” that your copyright
> clerk mentioned.

Emacs is full of vulnerabilities and has barely started using encryption
technology to try and eliminate some of them, so no, it's definitely not
"special" in this sense.  And in any case the "special"ness usually
doesn't refer to the usefulness of the code but rather to the fact that
it'd be difficult to get this code some other way (i.e. it's both
important/useful code and it'd take a while to rewrite it).

        Stefan