Subject: bug#19479: Package manager vulnerable

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 11:11:08 -0700

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Is this a function (rather than a variable) just so it can be in the
>>> same cl-flet* as do-check?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand; it should be a function instead of a variable
>> because there is logic in there to match `(secure-hash-algorithms)'
>> against `(package-desc-checksums pkg-desc)' and signal an error.
>
> Ah, I think had forgotten about/was confused by cl-flet's (FUNC (lambda
> ARGLIST ...)) syntax when I wrote that.  Although I suppose you could
> make it a plain variable by moving it inside do-check's lambda (not sure
> if that's an improvement)?

Sure, you could do that.  I guess it's mostly down to style, but I
personally feel like that change would make the code a little bit harder
to read here.