Subject: Re: bug#19474: 24.4; icomplete fails to insert character with C-x 8

From: Alexis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:12:40 +1100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Yes, there are.  Icomplete's C-j does not have the same 
>> > behavior as RET.  If Icomplete treated RET the way it treats 
>> > C-j then that would mean that you could never input anything 
>> > that matched a completion candidate, without choosing that 
>> > match.
>> >
>> > IOW, it would remove the possibility of lax completion.
>> 
>> Okay, so then this bug report should be closed, since things 
>> are "working as designed". Does anyone have any objections to 
>> closing?
>
> Yes, IMO it should be closed.  But I don't decide these things.

A week has passed and there's been no objection, so i'm tagging 
this as 'notabug' and closing.

Alexis.