Subject: Re: bug#19468: 25.0.50; UI inconveniences with M-.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 19:58:49 +0200

> From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 18:50:41 +0100
> 
> On Tue, Dec 30 2014, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> >> I thought the problem that Eli was pointing out is that he requested
> >> "display_line" and there is only one "display_line", so instead of
> >> showing 3 entries (each one including "display_line" as a substring) we
> >> should directly jump to the perfect match.
> >
> > Indeed, that's what I meant.
> >
> > It is okay to display other, less perfect, matches as well, but the
> > exact match should be displayed without asking me to type anything
> > else.
> 
> In other words: you want the old UI back.

Not the old UI, the old functionality, at least the part that
displayed the first match immediately.  I don't mind the list of the
candidates and the new method of switching to the other candidates,
which are new with this UI.