Subject: Re: bug#19468: 25.0.50; UI inconveniences with M-.

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 02:03:50 +0300

On 04/29/2015 06:49 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Isn't that what a global mode is about?

If it's what you want, yes. (Nitpick: a "globalized" minor mode is about 
that; a global minor mode can do whatever).

> In the manual and in NEWS.

It would be helpful if you could outline the needed changes in the 
manual: what sections to edit, where, and whether some sections should 
be added or removed.

> Isn't that a rhetorical question, given that 'n' and 'p' are already
> bound to those movement commands?

No, just a stupid one; I forgot they're already bound. But doesn't that 
take care of your concern as well (about `.' and `,' bindings)?

> A negative argument to it could call xref-pop-marker-stack, no?

Won't work for me: adding an extra step to call `xref-pop-marker-stack' 
would be counter-productive.

> No, because Grep and Compilation use different buffers for their
> matches.

Right, but you lose the current errors queue, so to speak, if you call 
Grep in the middle of following Compilation errors.