Subject: bug#19466: 25.0.50; xref-find-def doesn't find C functions

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:20:37 +0200

On 01/20/2015 04:51 PM, martin rudalics wrote:

> Sure.  All I mean is that if the user decides to bury the *xref* buffer
> and later switches back to it, it should be functional as before.  And
> if the user kills the buffer, there should not be any traces left.  Both
> seem to work at the moment IIUC.

Yeah, both should still work. I've pushed the buffer-killing 
implementation, please take a look.

One drawback comes to mind:

xref-goto-xref calls xref-quit without the KILL argument, so the 
temporary buffers are not cleared if you make a choice and press RET.

> previous-/next-history-element

Not sure what these are.

> In addition to what Eli reclaimed earlier: I need M-. to work in texi
> buffers, the Emacs manuals, from *Help*, backtrace and customization
> buffers.  How set things up for that?

Depends on what you want each of them to do.

debugger-mode should probably set both relevant vars to the same values 
as emacs-lisp-mode. help-mode and Custom-mode - maybe too, although they 
might use some custom logic.

In Info-mode, xref-find-function could use the index and the search 
functionality.