Subject: bug#19466: 25.0.50; xref-find-def doesn't find C functions

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:04:53 +0200

> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:47:55 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>  Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
> 
> One thing that has annoyed me ever since is the buffers that pile up
> while browsing tags.  I always dreamt of a good heuristic to get rid of
> them.

This happens to me all the time, but I don't recommend losing any
sleep over it.  It's very easy to delete the unwanted buffers (e.g.,
via "C-x C-b").  One does such cleanup anyway, when one finishes
working on some issue, right?

Emacs copes with many buffers just fine, so I wouldn't invest any
significant energy in getting rid of some of them using some
heuristics that will certainly misfire at some point.  Emacs should
only automatically kill buffers that it creates for its temporary
jobs, not buffers created by user commands.