Subject: bug#19453: Bad interaction between daemon mode and desktop-save-mode

From: David Fiander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 08:25:13 -0500

This seems to be related to bugs 17957, 17963, and 7352.

In a terminal window, run

	$ emacs -Q -daemon

then run

	$ emacsclient -n -c

In the new emacs window, execute

	(desktop-save-mode 1)
	(kill-emacs)

and answer 'y' when asked if you want to save the desktop.

Back in the terminal, run

	$ emacs

(note that the daemon is already dead). Emacs will create a new 
graphical frame. This frame may display the warning

	Error (frameset): Font `tty' is not defined

And, according to the modeline, it will claim to be an emailclient 
frame, even though it's not. The problem is that the desktop save file 
saved the setting

	(client . nowait)

In general, I think that the problem is that certain parts of the emacs 
state are being saved (or restored, depending on your point of view) in 
the desktop file that shouldn't necessarily be, since they're tied to 
the method of invocation more than to the user's specific preferences.

- David