Subject: typos (and other bugs) in Org mode's doc (in v23.0.6) (9)

From: Peter Tury <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:00:03 +0100

Hi,

1)
in (info "(org) Remember templates") 'fo' is written instead of 'for'(?):
"and exclude templates fo which this condition is not fulfilled"

2)
in (info "(org) Agenda commands") 'where' is written instead of 'were' in
"In Logbook mode, entries that where marked DONE while logging was on
(variable `org-log-done') are shown in the agenda, as are entries that
have been clocked on that day."

3)
in the same node (=Agenda commands) the word 'archieved'(?) is missing -- maybe:
"In archives mode, trees that are marked [archieved?] are also scanned
when producing the agenda."

4)
in (info "(org) Categories") this sentence is wrong -- maybe; at least
I can't interpret it...:
"If you would like to have a special CATEGORY for a single entry or a
(sub)tree, give the entry a `:CATEGORY:' property with the location as
the value."

It might be better this way:
"If you would like to have a special CATEGORY for a single entry or a
(sub)tree, give the entry/(sub)tree a `:CATEGORY:' property with the
special CATEGORY you want to apply as the value."??

5)
(info "(org) Agenda commands") does not mention iCalendar (.ics)
possibility at exporting (C-x C-w) -- contrary to (info "(org)
Exporting Agenda Views"). I suggest not to detail exporting in "Agenda
commands": just put a link to the node "Exporting Agenda Views"
instead.

6)
The link http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/org-info.js.html in
(info "(org) Javascript support") does not work for me now.

7)
I am not sure if this is a bug in Org's doc or (Info of) Emacs 23 or
Ubuntu (8.10) or what, but the headline of (info "(org) Extensions")
looks like this for me:

F\303\274ggel\303\251k: A Extensions
************************

The first word tries to be in Hungarian (=my language in Ubuntu) and
should look like this: "Függelék". In fact, if I copy-paste it here,
it arrives in a good form into my Firefox (gmail), so those char.codes
work somehow...

(Naturally(?) the same problem comes for (info "(org) Hacking").)

8)
Line breaking is wrong in (info "(org) Extensions in the contrib
directory"). It seems as if its source would have been indented
manually for lines with different length: they contain "       "
inside lines. Here is an example, but please note that this node
contains a lot of other similarly wrongly formatted lines:

`org-annotation-helper.el' by Bastien Guerry and Daniel E. German
     Call remember directly from Firefox/Opera, or from Adobe Reader.
         When activating a special link or bookmark, Emacs receives a
     trigger to       create a note with a link back to the website.
     Requires some setup, a       detailes description is in
     `contrib/packages/org-annotation-helper'.

9)
(info "(org) Other extensions") looks funny :-)

Thanks for org-mode anyway,
P