Subject: bug#19424: 23.4; incorrect byte-compiler warning for `mode-line-format'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 09:23:30 -0800 (PST)

This is the warning:

    Warning: `default-mode-line-format' is an obsolete variable
    (as of Emacs 23.2); use `mode-line-format' instead.

That is incorrect and useless.  Clearly, you cannot use
`mode-line-format' in place of `default-mode-line-format'.

The warning should instead say something like this, based on the doc
string:

    Warning: `default-mode-line-format' is an obsolete variable
    (as of Emacs 23.2); use `(default-value 'mode-line-format)' instead.

In GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-02-04 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include'