Subject: Re: bug#19416: 25.0.50; enhancement of xterm mouse tracking: draging the mouse now generates mouse-movement events

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:24:14 -0500

> It would be nice, if the patch could find its way into Emacs.

Agreed.  For that, we need you to sign some copyright paperwork.
If that's OK with you, then please fill the form below and send it to
the FSF as instructed so they can send you the appropriate paperwork
to sign.

While this process is going on, we can look at the actual code and see
how we could improve it.  Let's start with read-utf8-char: the handling
of "keyboard decoding" has seen some changes over the years, and I think
with the latest code in Emacs's master (which is the same as in
Emacs-24.4), something like read-utf8-char should be much simpler
(i.e. just read a char while setting the keyboard-coding-system to
utf-8 at the same time).

        Stefan

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]