Subject: Re: bug#28513

From: "Ryan C. Thompson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:07:23 -0500

Hello again,

I finally got around to testing this patch. I've been using it for over 
a week now and I haven't observed any unexpected behaviors or issues as 
a result. And of course, it does indeed resolve the bug as reported 
here. I believe my patch is ready to merge. Again, for more details on 
how my patch works, see my investigation in #19412.

Regards,

Ryan Thompson

On 1/1/21 4:51 PM, Ryan C. Thompson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe this bug (#28513) is a duplicate of #19412. In the 
> discussion for #19412 I have investigated the problem and proposed a 
> fix that doesn't require special-casing anything. However, due to 
> being quite busy since then I have not had the time to properly test 
> my fix. Briefly, the fix is to pass all the original args to the 
> fallback function unchanged and then use "minibuffer-with-setup-hook" 
> to simulate deleting the initial input and then typing whatever the 
> user currently had typed into ido before they triggered the fallback.
>
> I have rebased the patch from that thread onto the current master and 
> attached it. To reiterate, this patch should be tested before merging.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ryan
>